Come join Cisco’s Talos Security Intelligence and Research Group (Talos) to help drive security for Cisco and its customers. The successful candidate will work on a global team of security analysts focusing on the changing threat landscape and its effect on Cisco and our customers.
The Outreach Researcher is a security expert in at least one area with broad knowledge across the technology. Reads technical documentation, functional specs, RFCs. Maintains pulse on threats/outbreaks that have impact to the technology. Has strong security knowledge in at least one area.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Examine, create bugs, and triage incoming bugzilla bugs
- Experience with perl, python, ruby
- Experience with HTTP, POP, IMAP, TCP, UDP, IP
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Accomplished technical writing ability
- Deep understanding of network based and client side attacks
- Ability to analyze malware, 0-day, and releated threats
- Able to easily identify bugs with a major external impact
- Ability to communicate effectively across multiple teams
- Promote Cisco security thought leadership through media outreach and collaborative reporting.
- Source and analyze data from available product sources across Cisco as well as externally from partners or other qualified third-parties.
- Manage reporting and dissemination of security intelligence and research efforts
- Monitor, identify, and respond to timely security events