We are looking for a candidate to be strong in back-end development, but having experience with front-end development is a plus. The ability to work on an agile, small team that efficiently develops and releases production level code is essential to success within our group. We want someone who can create a Full-Stack Ruby application from conception to deployment. The candidate must be capable of identifying new methodologies, technologies, tools, and services that will enhance the software platform.
Please note this is a temporary contract position for six-months.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Write and maintain complex, critical software
- Deliver high quality, unit testable, maintainable software
- Provide code reviews for peers
- Create and deploy packages to production Endpoints
- BS in Computer Science
- 6 years development experience with 2-3 years of Ruby on Rails
- Must present a portfolio of work
- Knowledge of Relational databases: Mysql and/or Postgres
- Ability to negotiate for solutions to solve software problems
- Good organization, decision making, and verbal and written communication skills
- Familiar with Heroku
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and take on additional tasks as required
- Ability to work with small teams to solve complex problems